- Space, Physics, Striving to understand the world around you, Our intro this week, if you checked yes to any of the above, please avail yourself of our guest Ben Tippett (@bnprime) and his podcast Titanium Physicists
- It's absolutely worth watching or re-watching Carl Sagan's The Frontier is Everywhere if you need a little inspiration. And most of us do most of the time.
- The heliosphere is the edge of our galaxy, but it's real challenging to explain. Please review this image for a better explanation.
- Finally, on the topic of launch patterns and how complicated they can be, Kerbal Space Program is a fun and goofy simulator game where you can launch your own space crafts and see just how complicated it is!
This week we begin our new series on Engineered Wonders - those bafflingly large projects that make us impressed with, and a little scared of, the Human Race. First up: The Panama Canal!
- Ryan Haupt graciously wrote and performed an intro for this episode. You should get to know him!
-Check out his great science show, Science...Sort Of
-And chat with him on Twitter, @haupt
- Hamilton. You in? Get in.
- But seriously, the death toll in the Panama Canal Construction was crazy!
- Furthermore, the Nicaraguan Canal is a really bad idea. ecologically and socially.
SHHH! We're trying to read in here.
This week we talk about just one of many Alternative Toilets: Urinals!
Hey kids. Let’s Skank together and rock out to some Ska.
- Anyone who’s anyone should keep an eye out for an opportunity to play some Donkey Kong Country or Diddy Kong Racing
- Listen guys, cute ska girls are out there. You just need to put yourself out there too.
- OKAY. What do you think of Daft Punk’s Digital Love? Kathryn loves it, but she feels like it’s kind of a dumb song. Is she wrong?
- The Birthday Boys. It’s not the best sketch show. But it’s kind of the best sketch show. Anyhow. This is the sketch she was talking about.