You've had a long week, take a load off. We're talking spas.
If our hats prick us, do we not bleed?
- She's so Hot, Boom. A comedic masterpiece and an ok pop song.
- Caparote wearers shout, we swear we're not a fringe group of racists!
- Here's an article that widely speculates the origin of the pointy witch's hat, so enjoy that.
- Do you guys wants to bring night caps back with me?
- What about princess caps? Hennins? Tantours?
- Okay, last ditch effort. What about a really heavy gold thing that might not actually be a hat, but depicts a calendar?
- Man, no one wants to jump on to my super fly trends.
This week, we're capping off our series on Engineered Wonders with an episode on Nuclear Submarines! A big thanks to James Kinney for our intro this week!
- We could all benefit from more James, don't you think? Check out his You Tube channel, That's Pretty Good! It's pretty good!
- The Nautilus! It's a big scary submarine! And a state ship.
- Learn the story of the dramatic court case behind the other Conneticut State ship, the Freedom Schooner Amistad.
- If you're interested in comparing the death tolls of various wars, and trust us it's fascinating, this video does a fantastic job.
This week we’re taking things a little bit meta for our engineered wonders series. It’s the internet.
- We definitely just skimmed the surface in this episode, for a more detailed look into how exactly the internet works, check out this fabulous talk.
- Peter and the Wolf, for those who don’t recall, is a magical story of a boy who kills a wolf. Each instrument represents a different character in the story. Neat, huh?
- The Magic School Bus was a childrens show. The Magic School Bus All Grown Up is a weird buzz feed article.
- That XKCD Standard comic man, so true.
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's this week's topic! Supersonic speed.
- Can we PLEASE give our good friend Joe Batwinis some love for that fantastic Adamsesque style intro? Please find him @Batwinis and please enjoy him at the brachiolope media network on Science... Sort Of with our other contributors for the series so far, Ben & Ryan!
- As with so many of these topics, a useful animation says so much more than we can. Please see this graphic showing us how outrunning your own soundwaves can cause a sonic boom.
- Finally, remember this? Way Cool.