Oh no! Kathryn and Tim misunderstood the topic from last week! In this short, listen to the outtake in which we suddenly realize our error.
- Space, Physics, Striving to understand the world around you, Our intro this week, if you checked yes to any of the above, please avail yourself of our guest Ben Tippett (@bnprime) and his podcast Titanium Physicists
- It's absolutely worth watching or re-watching Carl Sagan's The Frontier is Everywhere if you need a little inspiration. And most of us do most of the time.
- The heliosphere is the edge of our galaxy, but it's real challenging to explain. Please review this image for a better explanation.
- Finally, on the topic of launch patterns and how complicated they can be, Kerbal Space Program is a fun and goofy simulator game where you can launch your own space crafts and see just how complicated it is!
This week we begin our new series on Engineered Wonders - those bafflingly large projects that make us impressed with, and a little scared of, the Human Race. First up: The Panama Canal!
- Ryan Haupt graciously wrote and performed an intro for this episode. You should get to know him!
-Check out his great science show, Science...Sort Of
-And chat with him on Twitter, @haupt
- Hamilton. You in? Get in.
- But seriously, the death toll in the Panama Canal Construction was crazy!
- Furthermore, the Nicaraguan Canal is a really bad idea. ecologically and socially.
SHHH! We're trying to read in here.
This week we talk about just one of many Alternative Toilets: Urinals!