This week, the coming of sound? How did it happen? Is it still coming? When did it get here?
This week we talk about the tiny tropical town of Christiansted, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Isles
Hi Fans of Doom! Tim is out of town for a few weeks while he explores all of Europe's mysteries. Don't fret! The podcast will continue each week, uninterrupted. Like a gentlemen, he recorded a little bonus for you all from Toronto airport. He asked me to post this for you all to enjoy last week, but as we all know, I'm the world's worst co-host. Anyhow! I hope you enjoy it almost as much as the corrections to the podcast below.
- The CN tower was the largest tower in the world until 2010 when the Duri Khalifa in Dubai snatched it's title with an impressive 2,723 ft, beating out the CN tower by almost 1000 ft. (Hot diggity!)
- Does anyone know the quantitative metrics one uses to measure a cities "internationalness"? This seems made up to me. I'm known to be wrong though. Correct me with a sniping e-mail! Make my day. Other "Tier 1" international cities: New York, London, Sydney and Melbourne.
This week, Franchises! Tim decides to buy his mansion with the millions he'll make from his office supply themed first person shooter flash game. There's a lot of modifiers involved.
- If you're wonder what kind of monstrosity of a picture we've decided to associate with this week's episode, it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Concert: Coming Out of Their Shells.
- Check out the Gary Gygax Episode!
- Check out the Erno Rubik Episode!
- There's a second G.I. Joe Movie?!
- Chaucer's Honey Wine Was Tim's drink, he wasn't a fan. He did get some free mulling spices with his Mead. He brewed some with his mead and when served warm "it tastes like Christmas!"
- Mace Mead Works Was Kathryn's Drink. She had the dryer brew. She enjoyed it much more than their "semi-sweet" brew and recommends it.